Saturday, August 18, 2007

home sweet home




We love it out here in the beautiful PaumaValley. All the thousands of orange trees remind Joe of the Orange Co. days, where he was born and when there were still "oranges". It's a pretty slow pace, not even a stop light in sight. Our front door looks out at horses and Palomar Mt. , my favorite mountain. We went to the little video store today and they closed early....sign said GONE FISHING. The little village where our home is was once a hideaway for John Wayne and he would roam the hills on his horse. It is very green and peaceful. Good shopping is just 20 mins. away in Temecula. I am learning to explore the old city of Escondido, where I was born and where both my parents went to H S and where all five generations are buried and we will be the sixth to "retire" there. Every Mother's Day the families who purchased the very old homes and restored them , open them for us to tour and it brings back lots of memories of the days I would visit my grandparents farm in old Escondido. Want to do something fun in Escondido? Come join us every Friday eve on Gran Ave......"Cruis'n Grand" There is nothing like it. People come from all over....... Well.......better sign off.........Love ya, Donna

2 comments:

Melly Mel said...

The cutest grandparents alive! I love your peaceful home in Pauma Valley! You're so lucky you live where John Wayne once did. Too bad you still don't have your horses. I love you guys TOO MUCH! xoxo - melis and jack....

Melly Mel said...

so I'm thinking you guys need to update your blog. I check it every so often and would love to hear fun stories. or maybe i'll trek my butt down there. love you guys.